Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 4th.

Dear Brooklyn,

You were supposed to be making your debut anytime now. Your Gramie swore you'd come tomorrow, June 5th, and share a birthday with her. I just knew you'd be late, like your big sister. She didn't want to leave her cozy home in my belly, and I thought you'd be the same.

It's been almost four months since you left your cozy little home inside of me. Everyday I wish you were still with me. I still feel your kicks and those sweet little feet poking out of the top of my ribs. I remember my last night with you, Daddy hugged me from behind while we were lying in bed, and rested his hand on my belly, on you.

I miss you. I don't think I can ever say that enough. I miss you. I knew you. I don't think many people truly understand that. I'm still your momma, and you're still my baby.

I want you here with me so bad, but I know I can't have you yet. You were too perfect. But you left your mark here, and are off to do bigger things until we meet again.

Love you always, my sweet angel girl. 

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment